Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Be one of the first ten applicants
Our client is a division of a well-established wholesale and retail group who are looking for an experienced Financial Leader to run their small finance department in West Yorkshire. You will be a strong technical accountant capable of reporting within a group structure and you will take a proactive role within the senior management team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing towards the commercial strategies of the business relating to growth, return on investment, identification of opportunities and the smooth operation of all facets of the business.
- Working closely with the Managing Director & Sales Director to achieve all agreed financial and operational objectives
- Formulation and implementation of annual financial budgets
- Preparation of audit files and liaison with company auditors
- Formulation of monthly reporting packs for presentation to monthly board meetings
- Approval and monitoring of capital expenditure programmes
- Liaison with external professionals including lawyers, property advisers, pension fund trustees, local authorities and insurers
- Company secretarial duties
- Agreement of individual customer trading agreements allied with account performance analytics
- Meetings with other departmental heads to review projects, presentations and resource requirements.
- Occasional travel to other UK sites will be required
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE. You will either have experience at Finance Director level or you will be a Financial Controller / Head of Finance wanting to take on your first Finance Director appointment. You must be highly IT literate and possess excellent communication skills. There is a tight knit SMT, and you must be able to hold your own in a boardroom setting.
The salary banding is a guideline, the precise remuneration offered will be commensurate upon experience.
- Finance DIrector
- Financiak Controller
Financial Controller job in Amblecote, West Midlands
Amblecote, West Midlands
Be one of the first ten applicants
Our client, a long-standing manufacturing and heavy engineering business, has an excellent opportunity for a senior Financial Controller, to work as part of a senior leadership team. The role of Financial Controller will take the leading financial role, assisting with strategic business matters and to help to drive the business forward.
In this key operational role, the Financial Controller will be responsible for managing a team of four people i.e. Accounts, Credit Control, Wages and Purchasing, with the role involving the following key responsibilities:
- Forecasting and P&L reporting
- Variance reporting and driving behavioural change amongst departmental managers to achieve greater accountability
- Cashflow management and overseeing of credit control
- VAT and associated tasks
- Cost Centre analysis and development of more dynamic pricing system to reflect volatile manufacturing cost inputs
- Capitalising on grants and rebates
- Wages and holiday accrual management
- Payroll Management and support during staff holiday
- Insurance renewal and managing key financial relationships with banks, brokers etc
- Taking lead on Energy and other indirect purchases
- Key member of the executive team driving strategic decision making.
- Working with external auditors and internal colleagues to complete year end accounts.
- Completing day 1 P&L analysis to drive operational improvement
Key requirements for the Financial Controller role:
- An established career within a leading financial managerial position
- Experience within manufacturing businesses
- A confident, authoritative but personal and engaging approach
- Confident in use of accounting software
- Possessing supporting financial qualifications/accreditations
Should you fulfil the key candidate requirements, have relevant experience and are confident in your abilities to undertake the key tasks, please apply now for this priority appointment.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Controller
Audit Manager – Externa Audit job in London, South East England
Competitive salary London, South East England Permanent, full-time
Yeah, so, we have a Foosball table and dress down every day. . . but we are going to take a guess at this stage in your career, these things probably aren’t very high up on ‘must haves’ from your next move. . .
Do any of these sound familiar?
“I’m not unhappy but I would like to work with more interesting and complex clients, I want to keep developing my knowledge and leadership skills”
“I enjoy what I do but I need/deserve a better work life balance, hybrid, flexible working is what I need in my life!”
“I have no chance of stepping up until people retire, I want to know what I am working towards”
“timesheets drive me crazy”. . .
We can’t help you on the last one but the others we feel confident we can!
Picture this, you would be joining an ambitious top 60, 17 partner practice at a time when the audit team is growing. Although there are 165 employees across the firm, you would become part of our 35 strong audit team, stepping into an Audit Manager role.
To be totally upfront, the Audit team has grown quickly over the last 12 months, we have recruited across the board from Semi Seniors to Senior Managers, individuals have joined from the Big 4 (and can’t get over the work life balance!) and smaller practices (who can’t get over the CPD and training!). The recent recruitment has been a down to a large amount of work being won and internal promotions to Partner and Director, resulting in portfolio redistributions.
The redistribution of work coupled with work being won, means your portfolio would include groups, international organisations, subsidiaries, and holding companies across different sectors. There really is scope for your career to develop and you would have the support of Angie our L&D specialist to ensure everything is in place so that your aspirations become a reality.
As an experienced Audit Manager, we don’t need to go into the day-to-day duties of that part of the job role. You would have the support of our brilliant team of Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Seniors, Semi Seniors and Trainees.
The Nitty Gritty
Flexible working? It’s not just lip service here at Carter Backer Winter LLP. We operate in a hybrid model (3 days office, 2 days remote), 35 hour working week, you can work your hours between 7am – 7pm, to work around you, your life and the most important things.
To top it off, you get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace. Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor).
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA / ACCA qualified – with a strong auditing and accounting services background dealing with a wide range of clients and currently working in an Audit focused Manager role
- Strong technical knowledge – bit of an obvious one, but you will need to have an excellent working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAPP and Auditing Standards
- Have a desire to take responsibility for continuing to support development of your teams
- Strong IT skills – we use Excel, CCH Auditing and Accounts modules, CCH Time Management, Inflow, Mercia, and Xero on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with team members and holding meetings with clients
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
17 Partner, Top 60 City based Accountancy Practice – Tick
Recognised for staff development – Tick
Flexible benefits package – Tick
Hybrid working (2 days from home, 3 days office based) – Tick
Flexible working hours, work your core hours between (7am – 7pm) – Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) – Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.
Systems Accountant job in Crewe, Cheshire
Be one of the first ten applicants
£45k plus bonus
Systems Accountant required for one of our established clients based in Crewe. The Systems Accountant will support the system development pipeline and help to deliver strategic business process improvements. The Systems Accountant will work closely with the relevant business stakeholders to ensure the design of the new solution in line with their requirements and will meet the expected business benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Migration of customer cohorts and the streamlining of processes and systems.
- Consolidating the existing customer onboarding processes to ensure customer satisfaction and completeness of revenue.
- Leading projects across multiple territories which will allow the division to reach strategic objectives.
- Supporting the release of new product offerings and platform migrations.
- Creating efficiencies and process improvements through standardisation; minimising off system processes, increasing controls and automation.
- Having a strong customer experience focus and placing significant importance on the customer onboarding journey.
- Evaluating and planning for the business change, ensuring that the business receives comprehensive communication and is thoroughly trained ahead of a launch.
- Data Migration planning and delivery in respect of business impact, working closely with the wider team and the relevant business area.
- Performing robust and accurate reconciliations to ensure that the migration of customer, devices and charging records are transferred correctly and in full.
- Ensuring that the implementation and testing of the new solution meets the business requirements.
- Support the senior finance management team with ad hoc projects.
- Ideally Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountant.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in a Finance related role.
- Strong knowledge of implementing end to end projects, including experience in requirements gathering, creating test cases, test execution, training, cutover and post go-live support.
- Experience of invoicing clients and other related tasks including Direct Debit collections.
- Experience of system implementations and process improvements.
- Experience of Sage, SAP, NetSuite or similar accounting systems.
- Advanced Excel skills – including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up.
- Microsoft Access or SQL database experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information.
- Experience of fostering strong working relationships within the finance team and across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop their own career.
Whats on offer:
- Excellent working culture
- Modern Offices
- Free car parking
- Onsite Gym
Financial Accountant – Hybrid working Job in East Midlands, England
East Midlands, England
Work from home
Be one of the first ten applicants
Hybrid – with one day at site per week
Our client, a thriving global manufacturing business is seeking a Financial Accountant to support the UK Finance Manager. This is a hybrid position, working 4 days from home and 1 day on site. Candidate must be willing to travel.
You will hold a relevant Accounting / Auditing qualification and have approximately 5 years of working experience. Previous experience as an auditor would be a plus.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
Regular and monthly responsibilities
- Support the UK finance manager on all daily accounting activities as well as monthly closing and group reporting activities
- Liaising with sites to obtain commentary and perform variance analysis for various balance sheet codes
- Preparation of non-standard journals
- Collating stock reconciliations as part of the reconciliation of the overall stock balances
- Posting various ad-hoc journals as needed in order to release or reclassify accruals or other balances remaining on the balance sheet at period-end
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations in coordination with the Business Service Centre (BSC).
- Preparation and/or review of Internal Controls as assigned to the role
- Preparation of flash reporting including variance analysis
- Management report Balance sheet and P&L review including variance analysis
- Providing approval for bank payments
- Responding to surveys issued by the Office for National Statistics (2-5 surveys a month)
- Preparation, review and submission of UK VAT returns
- HMRC Postponed Import VAT Accounting (PIVA) scheme – Reconciliation of HMRC records to our own
Reporting to group:
- Analytical review with explanations for large movements
- Early warning questionnaire
- Posting IFRS15 revenue adjustments
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly financial results to UK directors
If this role is of interest to you or you would like to find out more then please contact James on or email
- External Audit
- Financial Accounting
- Internal Audit
Senior Accountant job in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear full-time
Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you a Semi Senior Accountant looking for the next step in your career, or are you an established Senior Accountant wanting to join a forward-thinking, independent accountancy firm working in a niche and rewarding sector of business?
If you are ambitious and looking to work for a well-established firm of accountants in a position of enhanced trust and responsibility, this Senior Accountant job in Newcastle-upon-Tyne could be for you.
You will be ACA/ACCA or CA qualified or qualified by experience, with demonstrable accountancy practice experience. You’ll need a good knowledge of accounting software and will be detail focused, as well as being a strong communicator with the ability to build trusted relationships with clients. You will be really excited to have the opportunity to oversee the work for a client portfolio from the point of pitch and introduction, right through to raising the invoice for work completed.
This Senior Accountant job in Newcastle-upon-Tyne will suit someone who is self-motivated and is eager to be an integral part of a small but reputable firm. This job has plenty to offer and as such, we are expecting a high level of interest. So, if it sounds like a job you would like to know more about, we encourage you to get in touch without delay!
- Supervise the workload associated with a varied client portfolio.
- Lead projects, including management and budget planning.
- Lead the preparation of management and statutory accounts.
- Preparation of income and expenditure accounts for clients as required.
- Review of bookkeeping and organisation of accounting records.
- Review of and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Provide excellent service to clients, being the go-to person for any queries.
- Proactively identify opportunities for clients and communicate actions clearly.
- Manage all third-party communication (HMRC etc.)
- Handle technical and challenging projects, working to accounting standards and considerations.
- Work closely with the Partners supporting them with a range of projects.
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
- Fostering a supportive and inclusive environment.
About this firm
This reputable and thriving accountancy practice in Newcastle-upon-Tyne supports a specific sector which encompasses owner managed businesses and such they place enhanced value on their ability to nurture client relationships. This role will offer the successful candidate a truly supportive and flexible environment in which to thrive professionally.
They will be looking to offer the post holder the opportunity to become involved in business development too, so it presents a true opportunity to hone and develop your skills as a future leader at the highest level.
A genuinely exciting opportunity.
- £32,000 – £38,000 per annum.
- Full time, permanent post.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Professional development.
- Positive and supportive company culture.
- ACA/ACCA or CA qualified or QBE with previous accountancy practice experience gained within an accountancy firm.
- Project and people management experience and excellent organisations skills.
- Technically excellent skillset across accountancy.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Organised and able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Confident working alongside senior staff.
- A great personality and team-player.
- Motivated and able to inspire others.
- Collaborative and creative.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Networking skills.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
- Accountancy Firm